Single-Procedure Instrument & Procedural Kit Advancements & Opportunities for Orthopaedic & Spine
- The goal: One Instrument, One Patient at a Time
- The problem of pain (industry woes and paradigm shifts)
- Application of single-procedure instrumentation (stand alone & procedural kits)
- Clinical benefits of surgery ready single-procedure instrumentation (and implants) to hospitals and outpatient surgical centers
- Business benefits of sterile-pack, surgery-ready instrumentation to Ortho / Spine stakeholders
- What the future holds for mass market adoption (logistics/fulfillment, global reach & impact, personalized medicine and more)
Jim leads the sales and marketing activities at ECA Medical Instruments since March 2012. He has 35 years’ experience in medical product, biotech and high-tech firms serving in executive, sales, marketing & engineering roles at firms ranging from start-up to Fortune 500. Before ECA he was VP at PBS Biotech, a single-use bioreactor company, VP & General Manager at Jabil Circuit Inc. heading the power electronics group, & President/CEO of Red Rocket, Inc. a MBO created from Jabil with manufacturing operation in Mumbai, India.
Earlier Jim was Sr. Dir. of Engineering & VP at MSC Software, the world leader in finite element analysis (FEA) software and corporate VP at Whittaker Corporation leading the development of the world’s first telemedicine system for remote evaluation of radiology files. He was co-founder & president of Peninsula International Trading in Saudi Arabia and editor & publisher of Defense Electronics magazine and the prestigious International Countermeasures Handbook on electronic warfare. He started his career as a US Air Force flight engineer and worked as a DOD civilian in our nation’s military and intelligence space & ICBM programs in senior staff, intelligence and operations roles and served as DoD spokesman for space shuttle operations & help make Navstar GPS a household name.