Single-Procedure Instrument & Procedural Kit Advancements & Opportunities for Orthopaedic & Spine
- The goal: One Instrument, One Patient at a Time
- The problem of pain (industry woes and paradigm shifts)
- Application of single-procedure instrumentation (stand alone & procedural kits)
- Clinical benefits of surgery ready single-procedure instrumentation (and implants) to hospitals and outpatient surgical centers
- Business benefits of sterile-pack, surgery-ready instrumentation to Ortho / Spine stakeholders
- What the future holds for mass market adoption (logistics/fulfillment, global reach & impact, personalized medicine and more)
Lane Hale is president and CEO of ECA Medical Instruments. Lane joined ECA in August 2017 from Surgical Frontiers where he was Executive Vice President launching and developing startup companies to commercialize advanced surgical technologies. He was also an Executive Vice President at Insightra Medical Inc located in the Dallas office and was engaged in identifying and developing IP protected and novel medical device disposables with an abbreviated regulatory path. He also served as an interim CFO at Insightra.
For over 12 years Lane was at IMDS, a turn-key and full service contract manufacturer of medical devices and a Coorstek Medical Company. He was Group General Manager and VP Operations and also served as the company’s Director, Business Development. He has extensive experience in designing and developing medical instruments and implants and in production and manufacturing operations.
Lane started his career in investment banking with Goldman Sachs. Lane has a BA in marketing & an MBA from Brigham Young University where he played Division 1 football.